Sat, Apr 01|
6th Annual Inflammatory Breast Cancer Patient and Family Forum with DFCI
This free virtual forum will provide information about inflammatory breast cancer for patients, their friends and loved ones, and healthcare professionals. All are welcome! This educational forum will consist of two separate events, both held via Zoom.
Time & Location
Apr 01, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM EDT
About the event
6th Annual Inflammatory Breast Cancer Patient and Family ForumWelcome and Educational Sessions
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Introduction | 10 - 10:15 a.m.
- Sara Tolaney, MD, MPH, chief of the Division of Breast Oncology
- Filipa Lynce, MD, director of the IBC Program
Informational Presentations | 10:15 - 11:55 a.m.
- Inflammatory Breast Cancer Surgery 101 - Faina Nakhlis, MD and Erin Taylor, MD
- Facing Anxiety with an IBC Diagnosis and Beyond - Julie Salinger, MSW, LICSW
- Immunotherapy in the Setting of IBC - Sarah Sammons, MD
- Q&A Session with Speakers
Clinical Trials Round Table Discussion | Noon - 1 p.m.
- Moderator - Susan Schumer, MD
- Refining Local-Regional Therapy for IBC - Faina Nakhlis, MD
- Screening MRI of the Brain in Patients with Breast Cancer - Laura Warren, MD
- Radiation Therapy with or without Olaparib in Patients With IBC - Jennifer Bellon, MD
- Onvansertib with Paclitaxel in Patients with Triple-Negative Metastatic Breast Cancer - Antonio Giordano, MD, PhD
- Neoadjuvant Clinical Trials Open at Dana-Farber - Filipa Lynce, MD
Patient Advocacy Discussion | 1 - 2 p.m.
- Trish Vickery, IBC patient advocate, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Terry Arnold, founder, IBC Network Foundation
2 - 3 p.m.
Join us for a special social work discussion specifically for IBC patients and their loved ones, led by Julie Salinger, MSW, LICSW. This event requires pre-registration and space is limited, so register soon!