Position: Podcast Communications Intern (Breast Cancer Conversations Podcast)
Hours per week: 10-20, Position is remote, unpaid, part-time.
Our growing non-profit, which is at the intersection of health care, technology, and customer service, would like to bring on a Marketing and Communication’s Intern. The successful candidate will be a driven, ambitious, creative, individual looking to learn on the job and develop skills to excel and create a career in communications, digital media, content marketing, advocacy and public health. We offer a flexible schedule working remotely, extensive training, and mentorship, as well as the opportunity to experience the industry from the inside and valuable work experience.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Responsible for the post production of our podcasts which include:
o Developing and writing the show notes for weekly episodes
o Reviewing and editing transcriptions of weekly podcast episodes
o Uploading and publishing podcasts
o Creating and disseminating soundbites
o Creating graphics and cover art for each episode
o Incorporating Search Engine Optimization strategies to ensure our content gets found on google
· Collaborate with other interns and volunteers to ensure the podcasts are published to the website, queued up for the weekly newsletter, and promoted on social media outlets
· Take on additional tasks and responsibility as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
· Must enjoy writing and have strong writing, communication and proof reading skills.
· Must be passionate about our cause and our work
Must be reliable, meet weekly deadlines, and able to maintain confidentiality
· Enthusiastic about health care, advocacy, and promoting breast cancer awareness
Self-directed and able to work without supervision
Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
· Must be 18 years or older
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to William@survivingbreastcancer.org